R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 07:35 AM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
I'm a bit tired of reading the same posts by the same people asking that the same things need to be changed in USVTA. The current rules work for the MAJORITY of people racing this class at the MAJORITY of the tracks that race this class. If USVTA isn't doing well at a given facility, I would have to assume the problem is something other than the current rules holding it back.

Personally I feel that some of the discussion on this thread detracts from a very healthy class that is far from being broken or in dire need of rules changes. That is not to say that USVTA is perfect. However the class as it exists today does create good racing using just about any chassis, which was one of the original goals of the class.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have any discussion about USVTA rules. But it would be nice for a change if the discussions were a bit more balanced instead of thinly veiled attempts to change rules in the favor of a few (vocal) individuals. I would also like more people to realize that for every rule change made (in any class) that it could have a direct negative affect on class participation (either in the short or long term).
you hit the nail on the head... its the same people always coming in here and wanting something changed to match THEIR needs - not realizing that there is a much greater good the rules of this class is designed for..

you like the ROAR rules, follow them - if you like the USVTA rules, follow them... but why do you feel the need to make USVTA change to match ROAR?? when in all honestly, I haven't seen a ROAR VTA class (at a nationals/regionals/etc) since 2011/2012 - not counting all the tracks that 'follow' the ROAR vta rules...

I missed reading this thread for a couple of days - and wow, didn't miss much aside from people bitching about the class rules