R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:43 AM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
The minimum weight I agree on for sure. Or at the very least, have both camps agree on a weight (1500g ?).

As for ROAR adopting the battery capacity limitation that USVTA has, can't see it happening. I do have to say, it's kind of funny that USVTA is the heavier of the two cars, but with the lightest battery.

I've accepted the Novak motor (even if I can't find that "special" one, I get blasted on the straights) for USVTA. It's been reliable. Cramming a ton of weight into the car is a hassle too (are we really that worried about keeping cars that are totally obsolete in the fray?) but I do it for the sake of being part of an active series. Totally agreed that closing the gap between the two camps would only help VTA/USVTA grow even more. I as well as others would like to just have one car and be good to go.
The 5000mah battery is lighter but the Novak motor is heavier than some of the other 25.5 motors (e.g., D4) out there. So depending on the motor/battery combo, the total weight difference may be minimal.