R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF801XT
Thread: Tamiya TRF801XT
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 11:37 AM
gene1219
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MunchMunch
Some where on this thread they say the Integy mount works. Before buying from rc-toy do a search on them. One of those sites (looks a lot like rc-toy) came up as a scam when I searched for it. It had a different name but looked exactly. rc-toy might be legit.

Don't be afraid of drilling the holes in the chassis. I just converted my MBX6 over using the parts from the MBX6e, had to drill 5 or 6 holes. Wasn't a big deal, took me all of twenty minutes to drill and counter sink. Everything bolts up great.
I tried the integy mount and it doesn't work. Not sure how other people got theirs to work but for me, once mounted the diff wouldn't spin. The way the bearing fits in the integy mount it puts too much force on the diff making it not spin..as well as the top brace didn't line up.

The rc-monster is the way to go. it makes for a clean no fuss install. It is hard to justify spending a $100 for a conversion for a truggy that only costs $100 but then you have realize that it was priced as a fire sale kit to liquidate them as fast as Tamiya could. If you plan on even racing this kit or taking it to a track you're going to drop near $100 in wheels and tires...