R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF801XT
Thread: Tamiya TRF801XT
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 11:11 AM
TXKawBoi
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Ha ha.. Yeah, the MT4 G3 tires are big (I have an MT4 G3..) Good MT tires though - light for their size and long lasting.. What conversion set-up do you have? How is your steering servo mounted? I have the original parts, which I guess I could cut? I also have a bunch of AE RC8 trays - carbon and plastic, I could cut...

I have the brakes installed on my center diff too. I guess I can just take those off?.. Then install the motor with the RC8.2e motor mount, with the motor rear right, servo front right, and the tray on the left side like on the RC8.2e?...

How 'bout a coupla' pics TXKawboi?...
I'm currently using the RC-Monster conversion but I've read about other solutions such as the RC8 motor mount which I verified the holes lining up perfectly. The stock rx box should obviously work and a servo tray would be the only mod on that side. I think most battery/ESC trays could be modded to work. I do have an 801X buggy en route and I plan on using my old RC8 motor mount. I got the MBX7 Eco packet similar to the MBX7T packet that I mentioned earlier. I'll mod the battery/ESC tray along with the rx and servo box. I'll see if I can figure out how to load pix and post a couple from my 801XT.