R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28
Old 11-29-2014, 06:19 AM
kiasukid
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by flustorm
Thanks mate, so what about the rims? I bought a new set of Avante rims thinking they were 2.2" but they rnt...r the new Egress rims 2.2? Ie the black ones or even the pink ones for the black Avante special?

Hmm i thought i read the 2001 was spawned afyer the egress and original avante and fixed up some of the issues both had? Maybe i read wrong? If i find it again i will post it here..it basically runs through all the chassis evolutions Tamiya came out with..interesting read if ur into Tamiya's..which although i am not i seem to be getting more and more and spending all my time in them as apposed to my other cars! I now have 2 madcaps, Avante 2001, 2 Super Astutes, 2 Manta Rays and a lotus honda 99t f1 car...and i suppose i will be getting a stadium thunder or blitzer too now......man this has to stop somewhere...i mean really...! I generally get two cars as its a waaay cheaper source of spare parts..anyway thanks for the Egress info..!
From memory all the teardrop wheels are 2.0", which should be the same diameter as the original rear wheels on your Madcaps, Astutes and Manta Rays. For 2.2" in the Tamiya range, you'll need the DF-03 wheels.

I tend to think of the 2001 as the "sport" version of the Egress; differences mentioned here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/inde...60#entry534347