R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28
Old 11-28-2014, 04:35 PM
AussieTopForce
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flustorm
Hey, yeah its a 2001, checked the manual and as u say its pretty bleeding obvious..! I will throw a pic up once i have finished...its half done..just the transformer front end to go...i want to egress it as its basically supposed to be the best of the early egress and avante combined so maybe u can tell me if the current egress shock towers will fit? Thinking of replacing all the original breakable parts, ie hub carries, the wierd rear hub setup etc with current egress stuff so i can give it a blap...
Everything from an Egress fits an Avante 2001, as the Avante 2001 was a lower spec (at the time) version of the Egress. So yes go ahead and get what you need from an Egress to give it a blat!

Things to note, any screws into aluminium posts need a little thread lock, but not too much, as you will need to disassemble in future for maintenance. Also, don't apply any grease to suspension parts. The dust just sticks and causes more wear! However, I do use the Tamiya AW grease on the CVDs.

There is a lot of negativity about the fragility of the car. All i can say is that mine, although new only had one screw come loose at the festival - top screw for the front hub. No breakages. I ran an 8.5T brushless. The drive train handled it well. You just need to be a little less aggressive on the throttle as there is no slipper clutch.