R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 11-26-2014, 06:14 AM
dbowen
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jarred King
Just bought a B5M, whats the definate parts that are needed? options as well?
This is a question that you will get all kinds of answers to.

But my opinion is the only things you need to get for this car to be extremely competitive in stock or mod is the flat arms and tower and the b5 rear motor rear arms (those are not a must but deff allow you to drive the car harder bc they give you more grip). I would also recommend getting a Schelle bearing kit bc the stock bearings suck! Also get some aluminum hexes for the rear of the car. And last get either the Schelle Nova slipper or a V2 associated slipper bc the VTS is not a very consistent slipper, it really is to much for a 2wd car.

Now if you're running stock I would recommend a puck system and an aluminum top shaft, only bc the mid motor is a little on the heavy side and this will not only take away some weight but it also lightens your drive train so you can get up to speed faster.

These are really the only things you need for the car. The car is extremely competitive out of the box these things just help it be even more competitive.

Hope this helps!