R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - After Run Oil
Thread: After Run Oil
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 05:42 AM
stoney452
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitrojeff
Hello, sorry if this has been beaten to death but I am trying to find an after run oil alternative. I was looking for something to prevent rust on the crank/bearings. I run the engine out of oil after every race day.

I hear negative things about 3 in 1 oil, straight caster, WD-40, regular Marvel Mystery Oil corroding, swelling orings, attacking the ceramics, gumming up internals and attacking the crank silicone.

After net surfing I have concluded the best would be a 50/50 mix of Marvel Air Filter Oil and Synthetic ATF.

Any experienced pros or engine tuners object?

Thanks!!
I use the Marvel Mystery mix in airplane engines because I haven't fired them up in years. I also use the marvel air tool oil as a after run in my car engines. When you fire them up for the first time after use the engines tend to smoke a little but thats fine. This guy i used to know told me that the m/atf mix would glue the pistons to the sleeves but it turns out that he holds the patent on a after run oil. There was somebody saying not to use a 3 in1oil or the wd40 oil as it would destroy the silicon inset on some racing engines crankshafts. You can get the MM airtool oil at an auto parts store and its about the same as buying the after run oil. Th MM air tool is better bargain IMHO! Michael