R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The good the bad and the ugly of the 13.5 motor
Old 11-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Jerm13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
You guys are just making too much sense. You mean to tell me that you can figure out on your own how much power you need and only use that much? I refuse to believe that an R/C racer could come to that determination on their own. I need strict rules that limit my power otherwise I would end up running a 3s 5.5 turn buggy straight into the wall, because as we all know, the fastest car on the straight undeniably wins the race.
I enjoy running 13.5 motors. I was just looking for a little more low end torque and found it in the 10.5. This was all when the new indoor track opened and there was a triple coming out of a 180. I got it down good with a 13.5 but had to be dang near perfect every time. Put the 10.5 in and it gave me more wiggle room and didn't have to be perfect everytime, if that makes sense. Room to spare....Since then, I just never went back.

If I need to limit my power, I will turn up the current limiter and or loosen the slipper.

Its easier to slow a fast motor down then it is to speed up a slow motor. Just my way of thinking.