R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The good the bad and the ugly of the 13.5 motor
Old 11-25-2014, 12:59 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jerm13
I have been running a 10.5 for the past 3 years. I get asked why I don't run a 8.5 or lower like a lot of the others and my reply is" I don't need an 8.5 to do what I can do with a 10.5." Basicly, I am never on full throttle more than a second or 2 at the very most. And that is just on the long straight. I am not surching for a little more speed, don't need more torque, and have never needed to run boost ( but I am running 20* can timing). But that's just me. The tracks I run at are for the most part small enough I get away with a 10.5. Lap times are about 12-16 seconds. I guess I go to a track where the laps are in the 20's, I may re consider. But that is few and far between. And I don't have to worry about burning tires off

I can barely control a 10.5 especially on loose dirt or clay and can still make jumps fine . 8.5 motors if you can control them fine but not needed inless you are running on a big outdoor or indoor track.