R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 10:47 AM
valk
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I posted a setup on petit that works very well on parking lot assuming sugar water is used. also depends on your driving style.
All i have in my pit box is 900cst and 3000cst lol. so i mix them together to arrive somewhere in thei middle, hopefully 1500-2000.
if say if anything, you would want a heavier rear dif to get better rear traction when outdoors and if running high traction indoors, you could go lighter to get faster rotation. you could also add a front dif to accomplish that.

2.5 is too much camber. i think if you tone that down to 1.5-2 at most it should help. toe seems normal. maybe stand the shocks up and mess with roll centers. you also might consider softer springs, like xray 2.5 or yokomo blue/black/yellow.

I tend to run identical springrates f/r with the front shocks more angled than the rears. but depends how you drive. i drive the car on the nose and use my brakes a lot.

you could also try taking out some screws. ive had good success running just the 4 outermost top plate screws. had lots of traction but slower rotation. when i put in every screw i got much better reactiveness and rotation but it did cost some traction. depends how stuck you want it i guess.

you didnt mention the type of tires and their condition.