R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 11-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Thunder Trail
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigair78
Got a question about my new scte 2.0.

There seems to be a slight hesitation when it takes off. I looks and sounds like cogging but I have tried 2 brushless systems and both do it.

I am running mip puck system and BCE H1 chassis. I have read about slop in the factory drive train but nothing on the mip setup.

Any suggestions? Once it takes off it seems to run pretty good.

I should also note I did not build the truck. I bought it as a roller.
Check set screw on center drive shafts to ensure they did not back out. Only way to know for sure is tear it down. You need to do this on any used rig to prevent DNF and confirm condition of parts you can't see. My money is on center or rear diff. Out drive shims inside each diff are high wear items. Seem to wear faster on center diff, so that is a good place to start. The ring gear backlash is suspect if not shimmed for proper clearance Check to see how much play you have between ring gear and pinion. Should just be enough to notice slight amount of play. Check ring gear teeth with magnifying glass after you clean all the grease off. If it skipped teeth you will see damage. Let us know what you find. Could help others with same problem.