R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis
Old 11-21-2014, 04:37 AM
dj apolaro
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kingtito
I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the quality control of the kits.

So far I have 1 rear cup joint without a hole for the pin. The other rear has hole but the the wheel hex hub won't fit over the cup joint shaft with the pin in. It'll slide down the shaft without the pin but once the pin is in, it won't go down no matter what I do. I checked to make sure the pin is centered but no luck.

While building the shocks I noticed 3 pistons with 3 holes and 1 having only 2. No big deal cause I just drilled the holes needed but I was a little disappointed that it was missed.

Last issue I found during the building of the diffs. The kit only came with 3 pins and not 4. Not a big issue because I know I can get pins rather easily but still disappointed.

I stopped after the diff build but I fear more missing parts will be discovered the further in the build I go.

All in all I'm happy with the kit, I'm just a little disappointed that so many things would get missed. I really can't wait to get this car on the track.
I am sorry to hear you are missing or had some issues with the kit. I am sure if you contact your distributor they will correct the issues. I know you are already resolving the problem, but I would still contact them. I also know Patrizio monitors this forum and he will get with his people to insure they are doing a better job and my hope is your kit was an isolated issue. I can tell you the build itself for me was easier than in the past. The car went together pretty good compared to the C02 or C01. And the car handles great in all conditions that I have seen to far. I really am happy with the new car!! I was worried a little thinking to myself, "how can they improve the C02", but I think they did.

Good luck and hope you like the performance of the C03, I think you will. If you need any help just ask and I will do my best to give set-up help.

DJ Apolaro