R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TT02 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 06:35 AM
gelshocker
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, finished building the kit. Overall it's nice and there's no rocket science behind it. Some initial thoughts:

1. The turnbuckles into ball cups are super tight. Even with black grease it's quite a workout wrenching them in.

2. I'm not quite sure with holding the hub hinge pins with a grub screw only. The pins are not keyed in or secured at the ends. At worse could do with some e-clips at both ends?

3. Speaking of e-clips, I'll never be able to remove them off the shock shafts to change the pistons..

4. The shocks could use some green slime to seal the tops.

I followed Oatmix's blog, but up to a point as the Type-S version is much different. The front c-hubs and rear hubs are improved as well as more tuning options. The original had no turnbuckles?!

Now to prep the body and give it a run. I would say overall it's a nice and easy kit. One does get a sense of underwhelming though. It's slightly better than a re-re IMHO! But as an entry level kit it's great. Personally I would not put anymore hop-ups into it, and put the budget into a higher level chassis. Cheers,