R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - serious contemplation on ball diffs
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 12:04 PM
samnelso
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastPIRATE
I know ive read this before, but i must have skimmed it because there are things i havnt tried in it, im gonna order some caged thrust balls now...

And is rcjunky1 right? Are they just pre sanded stockers? If so id really prefer to sand my own stockers..

The diff balls ill be using are bulk ordered ceramics from ebay they claim to be grade 5, anyone have any opinoins on these? I know they arnt grade 3 but couldnt justify the price of the grade3 i found
A smooth diff is one of the most important factors in a car's handling. I'm not sure how many vehicles you're outfitting here, but good ceramics aren't too expensive in the long run. They last forever.

Castellano has a good diff build video. It's basically how I do it, especially with the break in procedure he does. Takes a while to get the diff setting right, but then you're good to go. The diff may then loosen a bit after the first run, so it should again be checked, especially if you're using brand new rings.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.