R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 05:11 PM
fresnojay
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok I took the V2 out on what is as close to one of my newest V1 setups as I could get. But still did not solve the issues I had saturday at the races. It did seem to deaden the car a bit but not in a beneficial way. It sorta helped the tail whip issue but it really killed my cornering in the infield while still having the nasty whip when you really cranked on it to try and get it to turn in.

I know I read that CA'ing the tires helped tame a similar issue for another. But here's the deal. I heard through the grape vine that TCS will not be running the same tire gluing circus they ran this last season due to the amount of time it chewed up. So I am hunting for some help that might point me away from that quick fix.

I have also had a fellow driver or 4 locally point me towards just running A's or M's up front. That I know is also a quick fix as I have been down that road too. The end result to those was yes the car handled well but I did not like the .3-.4 I lost per lap as a result.

Below is my setup and feel free to post options or ideas were you think they would be useful.

M05 V2 Pro: Mid Length
Body: Tamiya Mugen CRX
ESC: Justock
Motor: Revtech Killshot 21.5 Rpm
Battery: 6500 75C
Servo: Savox 1251
Shocks: 54000's, Option shock towers front and rear both in first hole past stock position. Front swing arm Shock mount is option M05 Gold lower C carrier pin position.

Front:
Ride Height: 5mm
Spring: Black/Blue
Oil: 40wt
Toe: +1*
Camber: Stock upper arm in upper chassis hole 1.5*?
Tire: Spec TCS S grip

Rear:
Ride Height: 4.5mm
Spring: Black/Yellow
Oil: 40wt
Toe: stock uprights
Camber: 1.5*
Tire: Spec TCS S grip

On the waiting list for sway bars as of now are unobtanium .

Thanks for input in advance.
Jason

P.S. For those using the M05 Gold lower C carrier mounting pin shock location. What are your shock lengths typically built to with the longer ball cup?