R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 11:47 AM
HugoW
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Hi Hugo,
thatīs good news!
To a certain extend it is, it does crush my ego. I was offered a set of wheels and M-grip tires by a local driver with M-06 experience, and I refused, 'cause I thought S-s would grip better. That was pretty stupid of me, in heignsite, he knew the track and the car. Anyway...

On very few carpets, the M-Grip performs better than the S-grip, that was my opinion so far, too. Nowadays I tend to say, the S-grip is always best, when the side wall is glued. The M-grip has a stiffer compound, and can take the side forces better without tucking under so early. I think so, because in the times I didnīt glue the walls, I also used on carpet the Mīs instead of the Sī, because they gave me stability in the corners. What I never understood: With the Mīs I couldnīt accelerate in a straight line from zero, they lacked a bit traction, while the S-Grips tracked damn straight and got better acceleration, but lacked stability in the corners.
I have ordered a stack of rims, tires and inserts, which unfortunately are stuck in shipment somewhere. They will arrive... I want to make:
Two H-grips with soft inserts,
Two H-grips with hard inserts,
Two M-grips with soft inserts,
Two M-grips with hard inserts,
Two S-grips with soft inserts,
Two S-grips with hard inserts,
Since most set-ups I have seen / read about use different front to rear combinations, the set above should make me a nice lot to chose from.

And lay the rear shocks completely in on the upper end.
I don't understand that comment. I speak German, too, if that's easier.

And make sure, that the rear diff is not too strong, when the grip is very low.
It shouldnīt be more tight then the kit diff with AW grease for the start.
Yeah, I figured that. But first we need to get the tires sorted.

I will keep track of all changes, and make one at a time. And I might listen to local drivers when they give advise and offer help next time... Next possibility to go to this track is December 7th. So if Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet don't kidnap me and take me away to Spain, that will probably be the next test.

Cheers,

Hugo