Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 10:18 PM
mikel33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Mike,

I understand your point and am for rules, but this just seems to be a lot for me. I think also we are not seeing all the facts. I believe the last time we voted for prez there was maybe 250 total votes. I believe that EA alone got more then that this time, maybe double. So when you see the racers that pay there membership vote for a person an overwhelming amount of racers. You would think that there has to be some type of common sense that they would use. Step back for a moment and say that maybe this is what is needed. Or ask yourself a question, why did so many racers vote for EA? I would of thought the powers at be would be excited for EA to get involved. As long as I have known him he has never half a$$ anything he has ever done.

Thanks,
Drew
I'm not commenting at all on whether or not EA would do a good job. I've met him quite a few times and I'm sure he means well and would do a fine job. Could an accommodation have been made to allow his candidacy, sure. But here's my point - what about the other side of that equation? Sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, somebody (maybe one of the other candidates, who knows) would have pointed out that the rules were bent for EA and we are right back here with the name calling and all the other BS.

There is a chance to make this a learning experience. Clearly, any number of members have shown their displeasure for how the system is set up, including how excomm is configured. Perhaps the tact to take is to propose and pass some reasonable changes to the by laws to fix some of what has been complained about and maybe a special election can be held after that to start fresh and if EA still wants to help there you go. That's probably a couple of stupid ideas, and it goes against my natural reflex to start dropping f-bombs and hurling insults, but I'm getting older so that's all I got.

BTW, some of you really need to get a grip with the name calling and crap. These are your fellow racers, not imaginary people running a mob scam. I mean really.