R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Election
Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 10:28 AM
goin2drt
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The election is not even over! Nobody knows if he had the most votes and nobody likely ever will. The fact is that on-road is a small segment in the scheme of things so the most likely outcome will be a winner known to the off-road crowd.

ROAR is nothing. They do not make money, the volunteers are not making a living from this. You are not boycotting Walmart! By boycotting ROAR races you are boycotting tracks who for the most part are run by fellow racers, clubs that are run by racers, and racers themselves. You are hurting yourselves. The best case scenario is that ROAR dies then those involved lose their volunteer positions and have a lot more free time on their hands. You showed 'em!

The Carpet Nats is the perfect example. You guys are going to boycott it? That only hurts the host club and it's members (who happen to be your friends and fellow racers).
Fair enough. I don't care either way as it will be a long time before I ever have the talent to race at one of these events. I don't know enough either about Roar of the process. I am only commenting based on the posts and seems pretty stupid a guy doesn't win because of one reason and that is his membership lapsing yet it appears at least on this forum he has a lot of support. The thing that is crazy is all the examples of other letting their membership lapse yet the date reverts back to the original date. Just seems like a double standard.

Either way it won't effect me at all. Just bored and thought I would read the thread. carry on.