R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Election
Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Drew Ellis
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Roar is crap. go read EA's statement on facebook about roar screwing with him. Im willing to bet he won by a landslide and the good 'Ol boys didnt like it and are trying to deny him the position of president.

https://www.facebook.com/EAMotorsports?fref=ts

Taken from EA's facebook page.

So I just want to go ahead and post here before people see it tomorrow from elsewhere.

I was contacted by ROAR Thursday of this week and informed that I would NOT be allowed to be elected ROAR President due to the fact that my ROAR membership lapsed for "50 days". Some how this year ROAR never sent me a notice that my affiliate membership was expiring soon (and I forgot) like they have in all the years passed (I wonder why they "Forgot" this year???). As soon as I realized it was expired I contacted them and sent the payment in.

Even on my new card it shows there is no lapse in my membership. When asked about this ROAR informed me that they date them as a "courtesy" to members so that it shows no lapse in membership. But I guess since this is finally there way of keeping me out of office I am not offered that "courtesy". It seems that they have tried to do everything they can to prevent the inevitable from happening. The email also stated that they had received so many votes for me that the only thing they could do was to allow any member who voted for me to recast their vote for another candidate.

This was the 3rd thing that was thrown up to try and prevent my bid for President. The good ol boy club just doesn't want to see someone in there that is actually ready to do the job and do the job right for all of RC...not just what they are interested in and their own personal agendas. I am actually pretty shocked about some of the comments Ive heard other EXCOM members saying about all of this as well but I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised.

For anyone that signed up with ROAR just to vote for me that doesn't agree with how this has all been handled I would first like to apologize for the problems this has caused to any of you. Second I would call them and demand a refund of the membership. I am sure they will not want to do this and for most of you I am sure most used paypal for their membership. I would dispute the paypal charges in order to get your money back on the membership due to ROAR's decision.

Bump