R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 11-14-2014, 07:22 AM
Krio
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
Being new to 2wd, I need some tips on braking? Last week running on damp clay, slicks all around was the best tire option, but my brakes were useless! Every time I used them the car would whip around and lock the rear up. Esc brakes are set at 40 in a Tekin RS, radio EPA was at 80 with some expo to slow it down even more. The only thing I didn't get a chance to try was drag brake. Is it just a learning curve with 2wd or could it be somewhere in the setup?
2wd is definitely a different beast if you are coming from 4wd. It takes a bit of a driving style change, especially with mid motor cars with 4 gear transmissions.

First, make runs through the part of the track where you brake the hardest and keep dialing back the epa on your radio until the tires won't lock up on you. Then, increase the drag brake from 0 one step at a time until you can let off the throttle and the car carves nicely entering corners without you stabbing at the brakes. You will find that it is better to just let off the throttle and let the car scrub most of its speed between the drag brakes and turning into the corner.