R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need help choosing an 1/8 buggy.....
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 04:01 AM
pilot8127
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
You're right not to make the choice too rational, it's a r/c car and you have to love it for some other reasons than logical reasoning.

I would never advice someone not to choose his dream car, even if it's not the best on the paper. If you love the car from the beginning you'll drive more and improve faster.

Now if you can reunite the looks, the handling, the parts support, the quality and everything in one car.. go for it! For me the 3.0E is the evident choice in your particular case. I had the occasion to see many of them on tracks and there is something in its shape that says "I'm strong, let's go!". The Durango is very similar in this aspect. Might sound stupid but to me the physical attitude of a car is important, just like a 1/1 scale car. Some look rock solid, some look shy. The 3.0E is an animal
+1 !! Pulse, My neighbor (and racing pal) brought home his brand new, clean and shiny, LOSI 8E 3.0 RTR yesterday and it looks sweet !

We lined it up next to my fleet of DEX408's just to eyeball them side to side, front to back. Both models are (to borrow your quote), screaming "I'm strong, let's go!"

The LOSI is stout. The 408 is a beast. Either would do the job out on the track. I just prefer the "L00K" of the Durango's free-flowing, aerodynamic styled body . . . . they just L00K fast just sitting there . . . .