R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdogg
First practice night with this buggy. I am using Ty's Reedy setup with the exception of kit springs, plastic arm inserts. Running on a medium bite hard packed dirt track with SS gold web front, and clay dirt web rear. Car felt really good, except for low speed 180' turns. I'm new to 4wd cars. With my 2wd cars, I could blip the brake and get the car to rotate. With this, it would just slow down, and could not get the car turned quickly. I added a gold front sway bar as per suggestion from another racer. Car felt a bit better in high speed corners, but the same on the low speed corners.

What should I try, sway bars, springs, diffs?

Like I said, I'm new to 4wd, so tuning with sway bars and diffs is new to me. Any help with those would be appreciated.
yeah, brake drifting a 4wd is harder for sure. try accelerating through the turn. Unlike 2wd. these cars will turn quickly with the wheels cranks and throttle applied. Kinda hard to explain. but you drive the 4wd through a corner, where as in 2wd you coast or brake slide the car. You can try softer front springs also, to increase the rate at which weight transfers and add a little droop the the rear. lots of things to do. If you are need to 4wd, I would just drive it a few weeks and get a feel for what a wheeler can and cant do.