R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS Speed B2101 engine
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 05:56 PM
shanef
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Dickinson
Ya I believe that this is mostly due to the track. I watched the video of your track, and I would run 12 minute pits all day if I were on that track.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13602121-post142.html

I saw your post a couple pages back, and you shouldn't be making this claim. You said you were running the smallest Nitro-mizer insert, these inserts get their mileage from eliminating the torque of the engine so that even heavy-finger guys can get better mileage. Comparing the small nitro mizer to a standard 6mm insert is like comparing a 5mm insert to no insert at all and then being surprised that having no insert makes more power.

I have ran the Reds Team Edition like you have, and this is the only stock engine I have ran the will blow the doors off of a speed long stroke, both bottom and top end. I have never before seen an engine pull as hard on the bottom end as the Reds does.

A more apt comparison of the bottom end of this engine is that the Protek short stroke engine with the 2060 top end pipe has a more explosive bottom than the B2101 does. I will stand by my claim that the B21 is the most tame speed in years.
My last post was after further testing with the nitro mizers in the new speed, so it was an apples-apples comparison. For the way i drive, the speed is not as good on fuel.