R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trigger King R/C Monster Truck Racing - St. Louis, MO
Old 11-11-2014, 01:25 PM
ThisDougsForU
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Trigger King R/C Monster Truck Racing - St. Louis, MO

Hey all, I just realized I had never posted anything about our monster truck series here, so here goes.

Trigger King R/C is a scale monster truck series that I started with some friends last spring. It's grown very steadily in that time.

We are racing indoors once a month at Bigfoot 4x4 in Hazelwood (the monster truck shop) and our format is very close to what you'll find at a 1:1 event. We run qualifying and elimination racing brackets as well as judged freestyle. If you've ever been interested in scale monster racing stop by and check out a race, we have a good turnout in each class (race monster is the most popular though).

Our 3 classes are:

Scale Race Monster Truck - Class is for scale appearing monster trucks.No motor limit. May run up to 2 motors. 4s lipo battery limit. Truck must have two solid axles. MOA is fine (Clodbuster) as well as shaft driven (Barbarian, Ground Pounder, etc), but truck must run Clodbuster sized tire.

Retro Monster Truck – Class is in the spirit of old school pre-1990 monster trucks with stiff suspensions, similar to what you’d find on the classic USHRA tour back in the day. 27t motor limit. May run dual motors. 2S Lipo max battery. Must be solid axle (Kyosho USA-1 is an exception and legal) and not have 4 link suspension (Tamiya Juggernaut w/ leaf springs legal). Tank based trucks are legal (i.e. Kyosho Blizzard/Heavy Metal). All trucks must run a chevron monster tread.

1/12 Mini Monster Truck - Open to HPI Wheely Kings (2 or 4wd) and Tamiya Lunchbox / Midnight Pumpkins. Trucks must run 27t brushed motor and run chevron tires size appropriate for vehicle. Wheely King wheelbases are allowed to be stretched up to 1 inch to fit aftermarket Stampede bodies (10.5” max wheelbase).

--------------

Check out www.triggerkingrc.com for all the rules, event formats, and lots of pics & video. Here's a bunch of pics from one of our recent events - http://www.bigsquidrc.com/everybodys...-spooktacular/

Next race is Sunday Dec 7th, 1pm @ Bigfoot in Hazelwood. Feel free to stop by and check it out.

Thanks
- Doug