R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC Batteries
Thread: SMC Batteries
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 06:13 PM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wrongchannel
The original post by this thread's starter was back in 2003 (when competition battery pack's cells were specially matched by racing companies.) The last few recent posts are either contributations to SMCs continued success today (11 years later) or reminesent to the long gone days of Ni-Cad and Ni-MH cell matching hassles (and expenses) we incurred back then.

Today is the day of the LIPO!
I'm going to have to start checking the dates on some of these posts. But back in the NIMH days only Trinity and SMC batteries you could trust that you were getting what was on the cell labels. I mentioned on the VTA thread that Danny was getting some Race Formula 5000mah batteries in and what an out pouring of positive response. Danny at SMC is still doing something right! Always great when you can count on your sponsor to produce a quality product. When someone was talking trash about my son winning only because he had these super batteries from his sponsors, I went over to the hobby shop counter (when SMC was selling retail) bought a pack put it together (NIMH) and Steve broke the track record with that pack - never heard or saw that SOB again.

I just waiting to get some with Deans connectors