R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread
Old 11-10-2014, 07:12 AM
elex300
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I run mod on a med bite covered clay track and am having great success with the car, the three things that i think help the most are cutting the rear brace(turnbuckle style is even better) and just having weight under the battery with the battery all the way back. I used soft lead that i cut the same size as a shorty and just placed it under the battery. And a gear dif with 7k, i was a ball dif commando until i tried the gear dif and no matter what the conditions have been i have been a half second quicker with the gear dif! Not to mention that the Serpent gear dif is a work of art! Corner exit and straight line bite is ridiculous, with a 9.5 and the slipper set tight it will wheel stand on every exit. So i actually turned down the punch and set the slipper so now i can just punch it and not have to feather the throttle. Tire of choice here is Deja Vu SS, m4 suburbs and pretty much any dirtweb,scrub type front tire will work.
I have to give the gear diff a shot.