R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 06:32 PM
13Maschine
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Yea they where good in some corners of the track when it was dry even with traction compound and some other corners all the sudden i spin out going out of a corner not real hard on the throttle. I need to get Shorty lipos also i seen some 4000mah that look good.

I do have some new Ion (Clay) Front and Rear tires il run in the parking lot or use traction compound to get wear although they are almost like Slicks very little tread. When the Clay was dry i dint see any dust if there was it was very little but it felt colder on the track later in the day.

One thing i did notice is i needed a little more turn in it was lacking into the tighter corners not turning sharp enough . The Exotech Front lead weight block looks good but 20 onces ?
If you are running slicks it's been my experience the track needs to be WET, not just moist. As soon as it gets a little bit dry you get dust, and that's when slicks stop working. Generally the dust forms more in certain spots than others, a lot of times outside the fastest line which is often also where the groove forms. I've found that a low profile tread works better when the dust comes up after slicks stop working. It's tough to chase the track sometimes. When you go out to corner what do you notice about the changes in the track from round to round?

I have the exotek weight and I agree it can be a bit much. I think it would be ok if I was running slicks and they were hooked up. Mostly I use 5g or 10g weights to balance the car out. Do you have scales or how do you balance front to rear?