R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 12:46 PM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Bad-Andy
I want to thank everyone for their help, but I'm still having speed issues with my car. I didn't bother with rebuilding my motor since it only had a couple runs on it when the problem started so I just borrowed on from one the guys at the track to test out who always wicked fast motors. That helped, but once again I only picked up about another tenth per lap. So the car is getting better but I'm still well off my usual pace. I've scratched my head so much I think my hair is falling out. These are the things I've looked over or thought about or double checked. Motor performance, rollout, ride height, rolling resistance of car, freeness of suspension components, and if the body is dragging. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? I'm about ready to see how well a 1/12th car acts like a frisbee.

Are you running the same set of tires all day? If so clean them out with Lighter fluid or motor spray after each round. Sometimes the tires will build up a ton of traction due to the compound used, and actually get slower throughout the day, That's what your problem sounds like to me.