View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 04:35 PM
ViperZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alborn98
Hi Viper,

This thread was a good read!

Question for you. I noticed a couple pages back that you ordered the DCV kit for your TC6.1. Did you install those yet? If so, did they install on the 6.1 without any modification? I'm just getting started in carpet racing, and I race a 6.1 in VTA. I'd be interested to know how they fit.
Thanks for taking the time to read and comment Alborn!

Yes, I did install the DCV's on the 6.1. The fit just like on the 6.2 and work great, eliminating chatter and lumpiness on the extreme steering angles. Just remember to use 5x10x3 bearings, 1 on each inside of the block and you'll be fine. The Stock ones are 5x10x4.

Originally Posted by Evo 13
My latest E92, first attempt at tinted windows.
Looks like it turned out well. I've tried tinting windows before, but was never happy with the results. I have tried various viscosity with various transparent mixers using an air brush. One day i may get something I like. I may try dye as that leaves it very clear and not mottled.

I did some upgrades to the 6.2. I picked up a Tuning Haus Carbon bumper support some Exotec aluminum spring perches and an AE Spring kit.

Bumper support. The carbon doesn't have the nice glossy finish as the AE carbon, but it will do, I suppose.

Installed. Notice the R-Factor Carbon Bumper brace as well

Exotech Aluminum spring perches

for some reason I thought they would be much more noticable

Well they are from this angle

New blue springs 17.0 lbs/in on the fornt, OEM silvers 14.5 lbs/in on the back

My AE spring kit, 2 sets of greens, as one set is borrowed

I have a set of Yokomo springs coming for the 6.2 to try, as well I have a set of Reflex Racing progressives coming for the 6.1