R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Election
Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 05:57 AM
jiml
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGCHUCK
I actually read it several times. It wasn't originally intended as support of any of the candidates. It simply pointed out all three were involved in the fiasco and briefly described their roles. No value judgment was made or implied on the role of any of the gentlemen who were involved.

Why did I post it? Because I found it ironic that all were involved in that battle and are now, more or less, battling it out again. Nothing more, nothing less.
Actually, it's not ironic. It really shows that the number of people who really want to be involved with the business end of our sport/hobby is very, very small. In fact, the whole "debacle" was caused by the fact that there are only a handful of people willing to step up. ROAR doesn't have the resources to bring F1 level testing to RC racing. Having a guy who knows something about motors do the testing for ROAR approval makes sense, unless (and this is where I better stop, because this is where I'll get way too political, and this thread should be about ROAR's future, not the past. I have a very strong opinion about that situation, but I'll leave it behind).