R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Sofa King
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
The stock body is great if you're a master driver who NEVER wrecks.

I said from the moment it was announce that it was a 3-piece design that it would not hold up sadly it seems and I was right. Everyone at my track running the 413 has cracks all over their lids where those tiny screws hold the side pods to the cabin. This method has been in use in RC for as long as I can remember and its great while it holds together, but lexan isn't the most durable of substrates, a even less so with a small hole out towards the edge.

For what it's worth though, it is one gorgeous and superbly designed lid!

What you guys can do to make it more durable is use to shoe goo and mesh at those seems so the load doesn't fall on the screw points.
I have had no issue with the stock body. Ran it it all summer at 1/8th scale outdoor track (since May), and it still looks good. It has a small crack in it down near the bottom, but that is it. I was a bit skeptical of the three piece body, but if you think about it, isn't every short course body three pieces? (bolt on fins) I have some SC bodies with the fins mangle down to nubs, but they are still attached. The stock body is Sofa King sexy, I will stick with it. BTW... I am not a "master driver", I wreck plenty.