R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - track manners
Thread: track manners
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 07:58 PM
samnelso
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ncpantherfan
I have been accused of being an aggressive driver on a carpet track and I do not know what I am doing to be aggressive.

I would like to know what is expected of drivers.

If a faster car comes up behind a slower car going into a corner, should the slower car change his line or hold the line until after corner exit?When qualifying, if a faster car comes upon a slower car the slow car should let them pass. The slower car should try and be aware that the faster car is approaching and should plan the pass in advance. The faster car in general should not be expected to slow down. As a faster car, sometimes it is quite alarming on how fast the closing distance is. Plan in advance. A faster car will want the corner entry so they can go through their line business as usual.
What should driver following do if car leading brakes earlier than expected?Drive defensively and be aware of circumstances ahead of you. Following bumper to bumper is challenging and sometimes requires the follower to take a slightly different line than the leader to avoid situations like you describe. Target fixation is something that takes time for newer drivers to adjust to. Giving cars some space may avoid unnecessary collisions.
After rounding a corner driver comes to a couple of tangles cars and doesn't have time to avoid collision, what should driver do?If no time, then racing incident. Nevertheless, try and be aware of circumstances ahead of you and the potential reactions due to those circumstances.
If I spin in a corner, I will sit still until car behind get around rather than pull out in front. Is this correct behavior?Sounds good to me. If you're in a high risk area, however, it may be advisable and respectful to let the other drivers know where you've crashed to aid them in avoiding a collision.

Basically, I would like the more experienced driver here fill me in on what I should do. I try to drive fast and clean, but apparently something I am doing is considered poor manners.Driving with traffic and mastering the art of how to pass and be passed is one of most difficult aspects of racing. It'll come with time and experience. We all go through the learning curve. Just you asking these questions leads me to believe you're on the right path.
Thanks