Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 08:56 AM
erchn
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snikopat
Hey guys.

I consider building an X-Ray T4 2015 for mod racing. I haven't had a 1/10 Touring car before. I've only driven 1/8 GT8 onroad (Ofna X3 GT and Kyosho Inferno GT2).

The build i'm considering is this:
Car : X-Ray T4 2015
Esc/motor: Tekin RSX Gen2 / Redline 4,5t or 5,5t
or Orca VRITRA VXX V3.3 / ORCA RX3 4,5t
Servo: Savox SC-1251MG - Low Profile, High Speed
Batteries: SMC Race Formula 7.4V, 7200 mah 70C
or Orca Infinite Ultra 7.4V, 7500mah 90C

What choices would be better for a modified tourer, and does this look like a descent setup for a competition car

About getting same as other racers at track, and availability of parts etc doesnt matter much. I buy parts online, and I just want to build a very good racer

Thank you for suggestions

Frank
I'd echo much of what Ranger had to say. I personally like the batteries closer to low to mid 6000s, as their's plenty of mah in the pack and it keeps the weight down.

Also, you're going to find a lot more setups out there for the ORCA equipment when talking mod TC. Not many around here use a Tekin, not to say it won't work, just gonna have a harder time with support.

I'd personally stick to a 4.5t motor. Alex Hagberg ran the same ORCA 4.5t from the biggest track in the US (at the worlds) to a relatively small indoor track (IIC). All that really changed was gearing and speed controller settings (and his trigger finger :-).

It's the same thing I do on my Team Powers Actinium (great motors!), gear changes and timing (physical or speed control) when going from track to track.

Best of luck.
Ethan