R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 03:02 PM
yellow15
Tech Regular

Originally posted by scoobydo
Yeah, sounds good. The clip is easy to get out, just use a pair of pliers and carefully place one end on the shaft and the other on the open ends of the e clips. (You have to hold the pliers at an angle)
Apply light pressure and the clip should pop off. Be careful not to scratch the shaft.
Anyways get some pics up and I will also check my car tonight.

okie completely dismantle the rear input shaft and noticed that i forgot to put the 3 small shims
so give everything a good clean and put it back together and now the play is much better now... i can probably still put 1 shim if i want but it will then be too tight so i'll stay with the suggested 3 (large) shim setting.

btw, my pinion gear isn't touching the whole spur gear.. i just can't put the spur gear close enough to the front and approx 1/5 of the spur gear/pinion gear wasn't overlapping
anyone got the same problem? i didnt' have this problem when i was using my novak brushless but now i 'm running a monster stock and got this problem.
i'm thinking of putting a washer between the motor and the motor mount and not sure if it's a good idea.