R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Budget build for a newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 05:02 AM
Juan Aveytia
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheEarlyWorm
Hello everyone, i'm a complete beginner on the world of rc. Done some research and asked people in this forum on what would be the best build for a beginner like me. After a couple of days of research i came up with this build.

Kit - sakura xi 110$
Motor - turnigy trackstar 17.5T 33$
Esc - hobbywing justock 55$
Servo - futaba s9551 85$
Transmitter - futaba 3pl 115$

So far i only have the sakura xi sport kit in hand. I still havent purchased all the electronics. Any second thoughts if i'm making the right decision. I also included the prices cause i dont know a lot of sites but the ones i listed are the cheapest ones i found.

One more thing, im looking forward to race at TQ in Chino, California since they are the nearest onroad track i can find. Tyvm
If your skill level is not so good. I would even slow your 17.5 motor down alot. If i remember correctly at TQ. They use a combination of 2x4's and dots. You will break your car often as a newbie going full speed. Make sure to put a servo saver (xrays is the best) on your servo. It will help prevent you from destroying your servo. If i were you, i would find someone knowledgable with set up and have them set your car up to be pushy to start. As you get better, you can go to a more aggresive setup