R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:47 PM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had a problem running in modified at this years IIC. Basically I ran it because I wanted to get more laps on the track and I never get to run modified anywhere else, and I had fun with it and only broke the car once.

For some reason, every combination of tires I tried on the car in mod, CRC magenta/magenta, CRC magenta/pink, Ulti X med/X soft, and the like would perform inconsistently over the run. The car would start out with very little rear grip, then after a minute or two the rear would run-in and the car would be much more under control, but I had to stop to dial more steering into the car with the transmitter. My tire combos were not unusual, nor did I sauce much of the front tire (maybe 1/4 sauce) while the rears were fully sauced.

I just had to walk away from the event not knowing what tires and sauce to use that would make my car consistent over a run. Every run was the same: very little rear grip for the first minute, then it would run in and I turn up the steering dual rate. Then I could drive the car like I stole it.