R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Zhangesh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for this wtcc! May I ask what kind of track do you run? e.g indoor/outdoor, carpet/asphalt, grip level? And what kind of set up are you running? Box or has it been tuned to your liking?

Originally Posted by wtcc
Today the first shootout between my AE chassis took place. I started with the 6.1WC. In the first three batteries it already proved its speed by repeating last years fastest laptimes. These were 10.5s laps among many 10.6-10.8 and two 10.3s laps They happened in the second run in the second and ninth lap. The second run itself had no 10.4s laps, only two 10.5s laps, all other were 10.6 and worse. I find that very confusing, because I didn't cut the track or did other strange things... Whatever, I keep that in mind and only trust the 10.5s.

Then came the switch to the 6.2. The car turns so much better, it was easier to drive and felt like one second faster, just felt, but I was sure to be faster... I was not! Again 10.5s as fastest lap. That was dissapointing. Because of the nice and easy drive I decided to do more runs with the 6.2 today and to adapt the outdoorsetup to my indoor track. After another five runs I brought the times down to (again) two 10.3s laps, this time followed by seven 10.4s laps throughout the whole run; between 2. and 30. lap.

Next week I will do the comparison with the Xray and if the T4'15 won't blow away the 6.2 times, I will again do runs with the 6.1 to look if the early 10.3s laps were two lucky laps, a glitch, or if the 6.1 really has that potential.