R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 11:06 AM
chevtech23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViperZ
I got to race my TC6.2 for the first time this weekend. I was off the pace but this was my first time racing in a long time and my first TC car experience.

Can somebody recommend a solid high grip carpet blinky setup? Out of the box the car felt good, although the back end would over steer in hard off throttle corners. A fellow club member gave me a set of Associated Green springs to try in the back over the kit silver springs. They were lower force springs is all I know.

I dialed in -10 expo and set dual rate to about 82%, enough steering to be able to turn with inthe track width at slow speed, but not over turn at high speeds. This helped but felts more like a bandage.

I'm not sure if all this helped or if I just need more practice adapting to and learning the car. Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated.
a good starting point is Andrew Cartwrights stock setup on the AE website. if you are loose off power pay close attention to your droop settings, run less rear droop in the rear. also makesure your ball ends are free, if they are bound up the car will snap quick when the weight transfers