R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 06:20 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by markt311
What's the new tires in the 22 2.0 Finnisher ad?
Rears are Whippits and fronts are Rippits - You can watch Jason discuss these tires in his JConcepts Garage video for the B5M (chapter 9 of the vid). Click Here for video.

Are the silver compound going to come in anything other than buggy tires?
Nothing planned at this time, just buggy.

I have a RB6 mid motor 2WD buggy. I race on a small technical, indoor clay track with med-high traction that gets a dust layer throughout the heats.

Currently running Pro-line Scrubs up front that are way too aggressive for me -- oversteer. Rears will be DIRT WEBS in clay compound.

I need a little less steering in my front tires.

Will Bar Codes or Dirt Webs be less aggressive than Scrubs? I'm leaning towards trusty Bar Codes... I'd like to stay JConcepts for this combo.
I think you are spot on with the trusty Bar Code front. That is our go to tire when we are looking for smooth/consistent steering. The Dirt Web is certainly more aggressive steering, but I can't compare to the scrub since I haven't ever run them.

JConcepts, should you browse this thread - can you please start doing this with all tires? I have a mountain of open cell foam that I'll never use, such a huge waste.
That is the plan, but its a long process. Also keep in mind that "closed-cell" inserts are triple or more the price to manufacture .