R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 09:32 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by RC Juice
Not normally a fan of "gimmicky" products, but having an extensive motocross background and a lot of experience valving dirt bike suspension, these make perfect sense. The RC Shox variable ones perform the same function just using a different method, but either way the logic behind this is sound and is a simplified version of how motorcycle suspension is valved.
I've ridden for 20+ years and will spend $1000 on suspension mods before I spend $1 on a power mod.

I just ordered some up and am curious to see how they work, my maiden run with my D413 was a suspension disaster.
you mxr's are a rare breed! I am fortunate to have one of our bigger tracks located in a MX park (3palms) and there are a handfull of pros that now race RC and you guys push to get the suspension right for sure! My latest "NewGen" were developed with mega testing from one of these pros and he drives Rc like he rides bikes! it neat to watch and we tried countless different combinations til we got what I released! I think the issue with the stock suspension is the thin pistons, they make it hard to get the pack you need on a 4wd buggy.