R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brushless vs Brushed motors
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Cgolf
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
Far too many broken cars, that's why... I watch people destroy 17.5 powered TCs with frightening regularity - raise the power levels to 13.5 and you'll kill the only electric on-road class with a loyal following.

Racers enjoy battling with their friends on the track, not making seemingly endless repairs to their equipment after a series of failed runs. While 25.5 racing might not seem all that attractive to you, it does offer more excitement since more drivers can competently handle a car at that speed. More competitors racing with you generally makes for a more enjoyable experience, and one of the reasons why VTA works.
Here is my reason why I say the blinky classes like VTA and say a 21.5 LM class are broke. You can physically time the motor. I would really lock the spec classes down to blinky and a fixed timing motor, kind of the way the old stock classes were. The timing is the game when the motor tuners can win, especially in a spec class were the speeds are so close, gaining 5 feet down the straight is a big deal in that class, trust me I am on the wrong end of that one right now. If all we had to do is worry about gearing the class would be great and you dial in the gear to the track. It would also be easier for newbies to understand to, drop in x brand motor and get my roll out to be Y and I am good and spot on with everyone else.

The brushless motors seem to react funny to timing changes to, from my limited experience so far, but that is another discussion lol