R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - best bang for buck electric cat?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 10:42 AM
bksrt
Tech Adept

I looked at those NQD miss budweiser style hydros on ebay, they were pretty cheap so i dug into it a bit but all i could find was that they are made of abs plastic and underpowered. Found a couple people modding them but with 400-450 brushed motors. No mention of brushless. Im wondering if i could stick a large brushless inrunner and 4-6s lipo with a servo driven rudder on that hull and make it fly? Is it even worth it with a plastic hull.
I asked Santa for an AAR 36" cat hull with shafts and rudder for xmas but thats still a long way away lol

Also regarding the NQD boat. I may be able to make moulds and make my own hulls? Would this be a decent design to go with and make a fiberglass hull......or carbon fiber? Id likely go with a single shaft and a big inrunner. Would a boat like that need a fair size rudder? The big model they have is 30" and thats what i would go for. The small ones dont take up enough space. My wife isnt quite mad enough at me yet,things are a little too calm around here.