R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 11:57 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Wow! Didn't expect to find such long comments from you guys!
Very interessting - especially everything you wrote, Cristian!
My greatest respect to your work and all the effort you spend on testing and trying to understand what really is happening with the car and what changes have which effect!

Originally Posted by irvinew
Good questions; though if you saw the video on rcracingtv alot of drivers had a hard time in the hot weather and asphalt track at the worlds. In the small inteviews HB had trouble; Schumacher had trouble; I never saw Awesomatrix anywhere.
Yes, they had a hard time!
But at the same time, Yokomo, XRAY and Tamiya did find a solution - not only suiting one driver. I heard, hey sent a good time in advance to be prepared! And one-man shows like Kyosho or Durango finished better, as far as know.
So I expect it has a lot to do how much time is spent on testing and to have a good team, which supports and helps understanding the car.
Sad to hear, that the AE TC-team seems to be very few people ...

Originally Posted by irvinew
Anyway the 6.2 was what the 6 should have been; in my opinion
It seems to me, as if AE is a step behind ...
I think to get and stay at the top, you not only have to copy, what others allready have but to understand more and before others.
TC3 was at the top and the other bands had to stretch quite some years, to beat them. But after that we missed the AE genius on the TC-cars.

Good that there are people like you, Cristian, who are still enthusiatic!