R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 02:59 AM
pphaneuf
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Odin544
I think it's just you. Put the manual down, quit trying to find mistakes and enjoy the new car.
It's my first touring car, and my first build in over 20 years, so I don't really know for sure what goes where, and how, all I've got to go on is the manual and tips and suggestions from people in forums (which has been generally quite helpful!), so I'm sorry for this, but just want to enjoy my car, rather than have to replace spur gears.

The way that I've put spur gear in, it's NOT in the middle, and it is very close to one of the top deck's sides (just under a mm?), and I've had a bit of trouble aligning the pinion with it (it's quite out on the motor's shaft, I can almost see the setscrew).

I've been amazed at some of the insanely close tolerance on that kit, so much quality! But it's made me doubt my instincts... With this sort of quality, less a mm of clearance might just be totally fine. But the way I'm having trouble putting on the pinion, I'm having my doubts.

So here I am, checking with fellow people who have offset spur gears on their T4'15 and asking: do you have the wide side of the spur toward the motor or toward the battery?