R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what's the matter with American racing?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 09:54 AM
inpuressa
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b20btec
Nothing wrong with US racing, truth is I don't believe we're as hardcore as other countries. Most classes we race is mainly pure fun. Very few will even think of racing an event. I'll give you an example, we run a series here in texas that have dwindle in size but if you go to a weekend club races the guys that don't race the event will show up for the club races. On a event weekend they would show up sat and not race Sunday. I believe this are the same people that post their cars on bst "feeler sale" let's see what I can get if I decide to sell my stuff or I'll practice Saturday just to gauge my speed and if I'm off pace I will not race Sunday. Sorry guys, I'm ranting a bit. Lastly, most of us are grown, we have families, we can't take a few days off to race and barely have time to club race.
Yes, I believe the economic state in the US is not helping either. A huge economic shift is taking place now, and Asia will be at the top. I know if I start a family of my own, I probably can't stay in this hobby anymore. Sad, but the truth.