R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what's the matter with American racing?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 09:48 AM
CristianTabush
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think the issues are far more intricate than just a few answers, but I can give you some contributing factors:

1. Mod is hard. It takes time and dedication to get it done. There are few guys that can do it, simply because of either talent, skill, time or dedication. I know many claim a higher price, but I don't buy this. With modified racing, you simply allocate your budget on tires and drive train parts vs batteries and motors.
2.The track is unlike anything we drive on EVER. We simply don't race outdoors on 200ft tracks. We simply have so much catching up to do and learning on tracks the size of the WC track. People in other countries race outdoors on large tracks All the time.
3.The tires chosen sucked. Yeah, it's the same for everyone (but it's not). The europeans especially run on large, unprepped surfaces all the time. They have experience making crappy tires and/or bad surfaces work. We race on high bite carpet for the most part.
4. Asphalt is simply not as popular here. We have 1 big race per year on asphalt (Reedy Race) and then the ROAR nats.

Not making excuses for us, but given the conditions above , how can we have an expectation of performance when we simply are not prepared for it.

Last edited by CristianTabush; 10-13-2014 at 10:08 AM.