R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Exotek F1R
Thread: Exotek F1R
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 11:00 AM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paco1001
Ok so I ran the new setup last night. The front wing for the 2012 ferrari sucks. Ordering up the Mclrean ASAP. The carbon tube I put under the wing to stiffen it up broke.

My car will not take off straight under power at all. It wants to pull hard to the right. I Have checked everthing I could think of last night with no success. Relubed diff. Diff was real tight at the end of the night. Still looped out under full throttle.

Sterring was better but it wanted to turn in real hard under acceleration. Like it didn't want to stop turnning. I had 20wt oil in the side dampers at the start of the night but ended up with Buds lube in there at the end of the night. Car was better but so unpredictable.

I think those tcs rear tires might be too hard for our track. Going to order a set of pits softs as well.

Wow this car is super frustrating right now. My old f1r was way better than the new car has been as of yet. I do have faith though.
Sounds to me like the front end setup is too aggressive. The TCS tires have plenty of side and forward bite. Are you cleaning the rear tires every run? That makes a huge difference in how they behave. You will get nowhere trying to do all the tuning in the rear of the chassis