R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Off-Topic: What Were the Best/Worst Cars You've Owned?
Old 10-09-2014, 06:40 PM
(0000000000)
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My favorite is the Tamiya Hummer (TA01) because it was my first, and I still have it (as a heavily modified TA02 shelf queen now).

My best car: Xray T1 FK04. It came out at the right time. Balanced GP3300 saddle pack configuration, paired with a few well tuned 27 turn monster stock motors and Jaco foam tires, this thing was beautiful to drive on carpet. Compared to what people were typically run with at the time, this thing earned the nickname "SexRay".

My worst car: The Traxxas Tmaxx (1st generation). As a kid who just graduated highschool, I saved up for a year (in my first year of college) to buy it a year later. By that time, a .15 TRX engine powering a monster truck through a plastic gearbox & gears was realized to be a stupid idea. It never ran right, and the "EZ start" was an electric motor hanging from the top of the rear shock tower. By this time, I could have bought a Monster Pirate Truggy, or put Truggy tires on a Kyosho Inferno and dominated the terrain. I could also have saved up and waited a little longer to buy a .21 powered Savage. But at least I didn't buy the 1st generation HPI Nitro MT