R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New 1/8th 4WD basic class ???!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 10:14 AM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
TomAT,

The idea is good and could work in your area. However, there will always be detractors just like you have seen with post #2 to your thread. The main thing is to build the class and rules and stick to them. The first time you deviate from the rules one iota, the class is done. If you do have to make changes to the rules, get a general agreement to any changes from the racers that are racing and supporting the class regularly, not the fly-by-night racers that are looking to mold the class to what they want, then once the train wreck has happened, they walk away from the class while leaving you to clean up the rubble.

SO SO true.

What bodies are you going with? that may be a way to get more exposure maybe go with something more realistic looking. DAytona prototype, scale LM (962's) I am sucker for scale looking cars. AS said before you gotta stick to your guns and roll with it, try and get some exhibition runs at some national events and let the top drivers race against each other for bragging rights. IMO foam tires are cheap and make the driving experience much easier. Handout tires with no truing allowed may help with that. I have the same dream but would like a new gen F1 replica class!

As far as production goes i can help with some things I have my own CNC machines.